Adelaide Hills Beer, Cider and Gin Tours
So close to the CBD, the Adelaide Hills offer an array of eateries, cellar doors featuring wine as well as cider, and several craft beer breweries, making the region ideal for a range of experiences. Distilleries are also making a big push in 2018, featuring botanicals, Vodka and malts… Each tour is created around your preferences and likes – our sample itineraries below are prime examples of what is popular with groups right now.
Hills Personal Beer, Gin & Cider
Suitable for 4 to 14 mates
- Kersbrook Hill, $5pp cider and wine taste, also available are coffee, snax, sweets
- Applewood Distillery at Ochre Nation, gin and malt flights from $15, Unico Zelo wine also available
- Anderson Hill, $30pp group pizza lunch inc TWO glasses of Ben’s beers or wine
- Sidewood cellar door at Maximilian’s, purchase beer, wine and cider, take the infamous $1000 Golf hole-in-one challenge
Hills Big Beer Celebration
Suitable for crowds of 20 to 40+
- Prancing Pony Brewery, beer planks from $15, various tour and food options
- Left Barrel Brewing Co for German-Australian brews, often food trucks and music
- Lunch at The Hahndorf Inn, BIG meals, take the hot dog challenge?
- Acrobrau German Beer Hall, steins and paddles
- Inglewood Inn for beer, wine and gin
Of course we are also ready to take you and your friends out to the races, paint balling, go-karting, a wedding reception, that long lunch at a winery, arvo chill sehs with beers and pizza, or that Day on the Green concert in the vines.
Hills Social Beer, Gin and Cider
Suitable for approximately 10 to 24 socialites
- Lobethal Bierhaus, $15pp for tour and taste with Alistair, the owner and head brewer
- Ambleside Distillers, gin flights $15ea, other drinks and nibbles available
- Lunch at the iconic German Arms Hotel, wurst, sauerkraut, DAB on tap and more
- Gulf Brewing for craft beer paddles from $10
- Pub stop on the way home, Stirling or Stanley Bridge?
Hills Bucks/Stag outing
Suitable for 4 to 40+ blokes
Oh yes, one last hoorah for the “lucky” man. Beers, boobs and bollocks galore – a big send off for your mate in peril. Our experience shows that a schedule similar to the “Celebration” tour format above works well. Assuming we are starting prior to noon, then one venue of specific interest could feature first up (a craft brewery or distillery perhaps), followed by a hearty lunch and a pub crawl. Simple, flexible and fun. And sorry, no, we don’t include a pick-up from the holding cells the next morning. 😉
Click to view Sample Tours